The PlayStation 5 is set to release in mid-2020, but some PS4 owners are reporting that their HDMI ports do not work with the console and Sony has yet to provide a solution. Here’s what you need to know about fixing your issue!
The “ps5 hdmi port repair cost” is a question that has been popping up recently. The PS5 HDMI port can be repaired by replacing the cable, but it will cost you some money.
HDMI on the PS5 isn’t working?
Are you unsure whether your HDMI cable or HDMI port is broken?
Are you receiving a dark screen with Playstation 5 No Signal?
If your cable is defective, you need get this braided cable.
Is the PS5 HDMI still not working? If your connections are good, there might be ps5 no signal HDMI difficulties with your ports.
Solution 2: Restarting Your PS5 to Fix PS5 HDMI Issues
This method will totally shut down your PS5, draining all of the power. Before starting up, it will rebuild all of the setups and also fix PS5 HDMI Not Working.
So, how do you power cycle PS5?
- Hold down the power button on the console for at least 10 seconds until it totally shuts off.
- Remove the power connector from the console’s rear.
- Now press and hold the power button numerous times until there is no more power left, which will clear the cache and drain any residual current from the PS5.
- Wait 4 to 5 minutes before plugging everything back in and trying to run PS5 to see whether the PS5 HDMI Not Working issue has been resolved.
Editor’s Pick: PlayStation 5 Essentials
If the aforementioned approach failed to resolve PS5 HDMI Cable Not Working, go to the next step to resolve the PS5’s terrible internet connection.
Solution 3: To repair PS5 HDMI Not Working, disable HDR.
If you have HDR activated on your PS5, this may prohibit the HDMI from working correctly. Some TV models did not operate with HDR settings, resulting in malfunctioning or errors such as No signal or No input.
To avoid this, the HDR option on the PS5 must be disabled.
Here’s how to avoid the PS5 HDMI Not Working issue:
- PS5 should be turned on.
- Select the “Gear Icon” from the drop-down menu.
- The Options menu will appear.
- Select the Screen and Video options.
- The options for the screen and video will appear.
- From the left menu, choose Video output.
- Now look for the term “HDR.”
- Choose the option and turn it off.
- Close the settings now.
- Ps5 should be restarted.
- Check to see whether the problem with PS5 HDMI not functioning has been resolved.
I hope that all of the preceding alternatives assist you in resolving the PS5 HDMI not functioning issue.
Let us know about your experience in the comments area below.
Watch This Video-
The “ps5 hdmi handshake issue” is a common problem that many people face. It’s easy to fix though! Here are some of the most common fixes for this issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my HDMI not working on my PS5?
A: The PS5 actually has two HDMI ports. You should have one connected to your TV and the other connecting directly into your console.
Can you replace HDMI port on PS5?
A: The PlayStation 5 will likely have all HDMI ports replaced with USB-C.
How do you reset HDMI on PS5?
A: If you have an issue with the HDMI connection on your PS5, the first step is to remove and turn off all power from your console. After that, press and hold both Playstation buttons for 10-15 seconds.
- ps5 hdmi port replacement
- ps5 hdmi port broken
- ps5 hdmi 2.1 not working
- ps5 hdmi defect
- ps5 hdmi cable specs