OneDrive is an app that helps you to store your files on the cloud, which can be accessed from any device. However, with their constant data collection and tracking of every file you have ever saved in OneDrive or even connected to it over a remote desktop connection this may not seem like such a good idea.
In order for customers who are no longer interested in being tracked by Microsoft to get rid of OneDrive they need only uninstall the software as there will be no further monitoring of those files once its gone.,
The “how to turn off onedrive windows 11” is a solution for those who want to uninstall OneDrive from their Windows 10 device. The steps are easy, and it only takes about two minutes.
Microsoft OneDrive is a useful tool for storing personal documents. The program, however, may be removed if the user no longer requires it. This will enable you to operate with your computer in a more comfortable manner. Let’s look at a few alternative methods for totally removing OneDrive from Windows 10.
Method 1: Uninstall OneDrive from My / This Computer
The “This PC” folder (named My Computer in previous versions of the Windows OS family) is located on the desktop. If it isn’t there, look for it in the Start taskbar’s search box, as seen in the picture.
To remove OneDrive, follow the steps below:
- My Computer / This / This / This / This / This / This
- Locate the “System” block under the “Computer” tab.
- Choose “Remove or modify the program” from the drop-down menu.
- Find and remove the Microsoft OneDrive program from the list that appears in the new window.
It’s possible that the operation will take some time. The Start panel may be used to access the window for removing apps. Select Programs and Features or Applications and Features from the list by right-clicking on the Windows icon in the left corner.
Method 2: use the “Control Panel” to remove.
If you have Windows 10, you may launch the “Control Panel” by right-clicking on Windows (Start) on the taskbar’s left side. Use the search if the service isn’t available.
To uninstall OneDrive, follow these steps:
- Set “Categories” in the “View” window of “Control Panel.”
- Select “Uninstall Programs” from the “Programs” box.
- Find and choose from the list in the Microsoft OneDrive window’s center.
- Right-click on OneDrive and choose “Delete” from the top bar.
It is recommended that you restart your computer or laptop after finishing the operation.
Method 3: Using the command line to remove
You must first determine if your Windows operating system is 64 bit or 32 bit before using this approach to remove Microsoft OneDrive. To do so, right-click on “This machine” and choose “Properties” from the drop-down menu. The “System type” will be mentioned in the “System” portion of the window that opens.
The following are the measures to take:-
- In the taskbar’s search box, type “Command Prompt” or “cmd” in the search field. With the right mouse button, pick “Run as administrator” on the identified program.
- If you’re using a 64-bit system, use the following command:
SysWOW64OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall %SystemRoot %SystemRoot %SystemRoot %SystemRoot %SystemRoot %SystemRoot %
- If you’re using a 32-bit operating system, follow these steps:
System32OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall % SystemRoot % System32OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall % System32OneDriveSetup.exe
- Wait for the procedure to finish before restarting your computer or laptop.
Method 4: remove using the Windows 10 Settings menu
The approach is identical to procedures 1 and 2, however it utilizes the Windows 10 interface through “Settings.”
- Go to the Applications & Features area by pressing Win + I.
- Next, locate and choose OneDrive from the list; you will be invited to “Uninstall,” click it, and wait for the procedure to finish.
That’s all there is to it, guys. Was this article useful to you? Please tell us in the comments section below.
The “uninstall onedrive mac” is a process that can be done in Windows 10. The process will remove OneDrive from the system, and delete any files that are stored on the OneDrive account.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I remove OneDrive from my PC?
A: OneDrive is a file synchronization service that helps you to access files from multiple devices. To remove it, first uninstall the software if possible. If not, then go here and follow these steps: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/-UxV0Q8y6ePjk5E_w
Should I uninstall Microsoft OneDrive?
A: Microsoft OneDrive is primarily used for storing and syncing files across all of your devices. While this function may be useful, it also comes with a number of potential risks that you should consider before uninstalling the program. Please see my article on how to safely uninstall Microsoft OneDrive to learn more about its benefits and drawbacks, as well as what alternative programs you can use in their place if you decide not to keep using Microsoft OneDrive anymore.
- how to remove onedrive account from file explorer
- onedrive stop syncing desktop
- how to unsync onedrive without deleting files
- onedrive can’t stop syncing folder
- uninstall onedrive windows 10 powershell