Wi-fi works by sending out radio waves that bounce off of other devices and send information back to your computer. These signals can be disrupted or blocked for many reasons, including nearby cell phone towers, building construction materials (concrete, steel) or a misconfigured router. There are several different ways
If you are looking for a Wi, you can find your available networks by using the “find available wifi networks” command. This will show you all of the networks that are currently in range.
How to check the Wi-Fi connection and find out which wifi networks are accessible to connect to the internet from Android and iPhone devices and applications
When we connect to a Wi-Fi network, it isn’t always the finest option accessible, particularly if we’re using a 5GHz router. If we have connection issues with the Wi-Fi network to which we are connected, we should instantly examine the neighboring Wi-Fi networks and connect to the one with the strongest signal or the best technology.
We’ll teach you how to view the Wi-Fi networks accessible on our phone, both on Android and iPhones, in the instruction that follows. Those who want additional Wi-Fi control features may try the applications suggested at the conclusion of the book to enhance Wi-Fi reception and connection on their Android devices.
READ ALSO: Android app to boost internet speed
On Android, how can I view Wi-Fi networks?
To see the nearby Wi-Fi networks with an Android device, open the app Settingslet’s go to the Wi-Fi menu and wait a few seconds, so as to finish scanning the networks detected nearby. In the list that appears, we always try to select the networks identified as 5GHz, notoriously faster and more stable. If there are mixed networks (2,4GHz/5GHz) we will have to make sure that we are connected with the 5GHz frequency, otherwise we will not get the maximum speed. We avoid 2.4 GHz networks if possible unless necessary.
By expanding the quick keys menu (swipe top center or top left corner), hitting the Wi-Fi button, and choosing the network we want to use for the connection, anybody may change the connection network easily.
What is the best way to view Wi-Fi networks on an iPhone?
On the iPhone we can see the Wi-Fi networks available nearby by pressing on the app Settingspressing on the Wi-Fi item and selecting the best network from those in the list. Compared to the menu seen on Android, there is no graphic reference to the type of technology that a particular network possesses. To get some information it is necessary first of all to connect to the network and only then press the “i” key to view the generic information.
Those who use iPhones should make a clear distinction between the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network and the 5 GHz Wi-Fi network, even though the names of the two networks are somewhat different (and keeping the same password). This suggestion may be implemented by changing the Wi-Fi settings on our modem or the router we are presently using.
The best applications for analyzing and improving Wi-Fi
If the network connection on our Android phone does not improve or we observe frequent disconnections, we may use one of the applications listed below to examine the network and fix it. Although the outcome cannot be guaranteed, the data gathered by these applications may be valuable in fixing serious Wi-Fi issues.
1) caught displays all users connected to a certain Wi-Fi network and lets you to determine whether or not there is an intruder on the network. The program also provides extensive network analysis features, such as determining the allocated IP address, MAC address, and current connection speed.
2) WiFi Monitor is a bar graph that displays the Wi-Fi signal strength of the network to which we are connected as well as adjacent networks. It enables us to collect critical information on the nature of the network to which we are linked, allowing us to address the majority of issues.
3) Those who want a more comprehensive app may download Open Signal Maps, which displays on a map the locations of free Wi-Fi access points so that we can take advantage of new network connections while we are outside or away from home. Open Signal Maps is the go-to app in Italy for cell phone and mobile internet coverage maps.
4) Find Wi-Fi is a similar app to the last one in that it displays access points to free wifi networks on a map so you can go up to them and connect for free. This program was previously mentioned in our post on how to discover free wifi networks and access the internet for free.
5) Wi-Fi Fixer is an automated application that may be used when Android is having difficulty connecting to a network. This free utility was mentioned in a more general post on what to do if your Android phone’s Wi-Fi won’t connect to the internet.
6) WiFi QR Code Password Scanner lets you to rapidly connect to a public Wi-Fi network by scanning a QR code. As a result, just opening the app and framing the code will allow you to join to the selected network right away.
7) WiFi Analyzer is one of the greatest Android applications for testing and analyzing network signals so you know all there is to know about them. You may use the app to check signal strength and see which channel the router is broadcasting on (see also the guide for improve the reception of the wifi signal).
8) Wifi Overview 360 is similar to Wifi Analyzer in that it gives even more extensive information about the sort of network we are connected to, allowing us to choose a different channel or frequency to broadcast on.
Instead, use Wifi Manager, which is a more convenient connection manager for configuring passwords and network profiles than the default one. You’ll always know when you’re near to a free network thanks to the widget, and you can join with an one press.
We may see all the Wi-Fi networks accessible in the surrounding neighborhood (both on Android and on iPhone) using the procedures and applications described in this tutorial, and we can always intervene with some sophisticated analysis apps, which provide particular information and features for Android networks.
Read our article on how to automatically manage, enable, or deactivate wifi on Android depending on time, location, battery capacity, and other customisable parameters for more information.
We’ve seen the following in various publications, all pertaining to the wifi connection:
- With Android, you can prank a wireless network connection.
- How to use your PC browser to control your Android phone
- How to use WiFi to view Windows shared files from an Android device
- For Android, there’s a WiFi network scanner app.
Let’s read them all to become true Wi-Fi network specialists!
If you’re having trouble seeing your wireless network in the list, it could be because of a few different reasons. There are a few fixes that you can try to fix this issue. Reference: i can’t see my wireless network in the list.
- cannot see available wireless networks windows 10
- how to search for wifi network windows 10
- how to check available wifi networks using cmd
- show available networks
- available wifi networks in my area